Here’s the latest batch of new VK’s off the line. We’ve got miniVKs, painted VK’s, and multi-turn VK’s, both with and without vernier…
Here on the left is the first top-mounted 10-turn pot unit, next to a standard VK on the right for comparison.
This is a “small and tall” the works unit, the smallest case I have which fits it all, vernier 10-turn, and the ammeter. This is allowed by the fact that it’s a little bit taller, which you can from the front perspective shot:
In my last post, I showed the beginnings of the small VK. Here it is completed:
The first “the works” unit in clear blue is off the production line! Also, a new small clear case in the prototype stage. And a closeup of the vernier dial!
New cases have arrived! Along with them will be available the following new features
- Top-mounted pot: extra $5 shipping charge due to larger packaging requirement. Only available with the stock pot, 5-turn pot, and 10-turn “short” pot models. Not available with the 10-turn “long” model.
- Ammeter display: $10, displays “output” amperage only, regardless of switch position.
- 5-turn pot, 15v range: $4, can be mounted front or hopefully top style pending arrival and measurement!
- 10-turn “long” pot, 15v or 30v range: $5. Front style only. It’s big, but cheap, optional vernier for another $5, might limit other options due to large size.
- 10-turn “short” 15v pot with vernier included: $12, smaller 10 turn pot, works front or and hopefully top style too! Still have to get these in for testing. These will be the top of the line option.
- AC Power supplies. Still optional! I have some used units for $5, but, a final model and unit price still TBD! Use your existing one if you can, and save a few bucks!
- Cables, adapters, parts, you name it, I’ve probably got some laying around. Generally $3-5.
- The works! Larger sized case with the ammeter and 10 turn pot with vernier dial! $65, save a few bucks when you get it all!
The VK is finally launched, with an initial batch of 9 units, and 2 “b-stock” units for sale. Currently 5 are in the hands of a distributor, the remaining 6 will be sold direct! Get them while they last!
I’m looking into new cases for the next batch, we’ll see how that goes!